|Location: Surrey, England||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Steve Barham|
This is a new role that has been created to support project costing team. You will be joining an established construction/engineering business based in Surrey who operate across the UK. The role will be responsible for monitoring and understanding the progress of projects, investigating variances, and ensuring that project value is recovered fully from customers. You will report to Project Director and work closely with Project & Commercial Managers and the finance team.
- Degree in business, accounting or engineering
- Experience in construction or engineering environment
- Project reporting or accounting with detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
- Advanced Excel capability
About the role
- Assisting Project Managers with project accounting from the start to the finish of projects.
- Producing monthly cost reports for projects
- Assisting Project Managers with the production of monthly project returns including reporting on project variances and updating forecasts
- Assistance the company commercial team in reviewing commercial contracts and change orders.
- Review of supplier invoices, time sheets and other project costs to investigating project variances and submitting variance reports to management
- Report monthly on project profitability and any opportunities for additional billings
- Contentious improvement of the measurement of projects profitability through understanding, collaboration in bidding process
- Act as the communication channel between the Projects and Finance teams
- Producing reports for presentation to directors
- Offering judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance
- Help improve the reporting software we use and build confidence in the financial information that it produces
There is potential for growth in a role involving the broader financial management of projects. Please don't hesitate to apply to the role if you are interested in the role. For more information please call Steve Barham on 01342 330558