|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + comprehensive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Project Accountant required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, based in Greenford. A succesful canddiate will ensure that all project based work is reported accurately and in accordance with business requirements, including monitoring and improving company cash performance.
The succesful candidate will have the ability to accurately report on project performance at month-end. As well as having experience carrying out tasks within credit control with an ability to clearly explain and negotiate on financial matters.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for an established and professional Accountant, interesting in working within a defence/engineering environment. On offer is a highly competitive salary of £35,000 - £40,000 as well as a competitve benefits package.
My client are one of the leading companies within the UK defence industry, a leader within secure communications and data information assurance, and are looking for the highest calibre, and most skilled engineers to join their growing team.
Candidates for this opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Benefits package for Project Accountant position:
- Matched 5% pension
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental insurance
- Critical illness cover
Key responsibilities for Project Accountant:
- Run project packs at month end in accordance with the Group Financial Calendar.
- Assist with the reconciliation of project pack actuals to the general ledger
- Compilation and dissemination of Private Venture and Bid costs on a monthly basis.
- Accurate compilation and delivery of cash received by project on a monthly basis.
- Ensure effective closure of projects on the ERP system. This also encompasses timely communication of any project overspend to key stakeholders.
- Set up new projects on ERP system, checking budgets on MS Project are in alignment with signed company documentation.
- Set up new suppliers on ERP system, ensuring appropriate sign off has been obtained.
- Work closely with Project Accounting Manager at Year End to assist with audit requests.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required from time to time.
- Manage security of information as defined in Security manual.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for Project Accountant:
- Proven track record working to deadlines as periodic deadlines are critical; Ability to accurately report on project performance at month-end.
- Experience carrying out tasks within credit control with an ability to clearly explain and negotiate on financial matters.
- Knowledge of month-end and related processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of working within an integrated ERP system.
- Basic knowledge of MS Project.
- Intermediate Excel skills essential
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail when completing assigned tasks.
- Working towards accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA) or related degree.
All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.