|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
New role: Senior Project Manager / Project Director
£80,000 - £100,000
Our client is a highly skilled fit-out and interior refurbishment specialist, privately owned, based in Croydon who is currently looking to get a new Project Director in to join the team.
They work for major brands across the commercial, educational, healthcare, leisure, residential, retail, transport and public sectors.
Currently they have roughly around 60 staff working for them at this moment in time and has a turnover of £40m.
Reason for this new Project Director Position:
They currently have 5 project managers working for them, 1 of which is a contractor doing 3-4 days a week. They are promoting all of their current Project Managers to Project Directors on the 1st May but they can't promote the part time/freelancer to the same role because that will send the wrong message to the business so need to replace him with a permanent Project Director.
Key Duties for the Project Director role:
- Each Project Manager (soon to be PD) is responsible for between 3 and 5 projects at a time.
- Each project will have a Project Manager, Site Manager, QS and Contracts Manager so they could have between 12 and 20 direct reports. They will be tasked with driving the whole project and their teams.
- Provide a professional Project Management service to successfully deliver capital works projects for a diverse range of clients.
- Direct and manage project teams from inception to handover and operation.
- Chair meetings with design teams, cost consultants, contractors and other specialists.
- Monitor project progress, produce reports and work schedules and identify corrective actions within the project team to ensure projects are always delivered safely and on time, on budget to meet the specified quality of the agreed design.
- Adopt a rigorous approach to the control of cost, quality, change management and programme by implementing project tools and procedures, standards and documentation.
- Take ownership and demonstrate leadership.
- Be responsible for the successful achievement of project critical success factors
- Seek and maintain clarity of purpose and objectives.
- The majority of our work is client facing and therefore the individual needs to be presentable, articulate, communicative and empathetic. He or she must be able to work well with clients who generally have limited knowledge of the construction industry.
- Be responsible for own performance and project team's performance which is likely to include some internal resources.
What you will need to be the successful Project Director
- At least 6 years' experience working within the fit out / refurb industry working as a Project Manager.
- Excellent communicator
- Previous commercial fit out experience
- Proven history of track record
- Hard work ethic
- People person
- Willing to travel between projects (Mostly in London/ south east).
If you are interested or know anyone who woul dbe of good interest to this role, please apply!