|Location: Warrington, Cheshire||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Harriet Houlton|
Project Engineer Highways Manchester Area
I am currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer for one of the UKs leading main contractors. My client is looking for a Project Engineer to work on a variety of Highways related projects in the North West.
Projects can include:
- Road improvements
- Road widening
What you'll be doing
As a Project Engineer, you will:
- Support the senior project team in the overall implementation of the engineering strategy and framework for the designated project
- Manage materials, plant and labour within the allocated budget and resources, ensuring their safe, effective and efficient delivery of service on the project
- Ensure all systems, design information, procedures and quality systems are effectively communicated
- Support the project delivery teams, verifying the work of others, providing technical support
- Lead or support assurance on projects through conducting audits and regular meetings with project teams, identifying best practice, areas for improvement and areas of concern, including matters relating to safety, finance or quality
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant customers including technical consultants and suppliers, managing their input in the design, development, pricing and delivery of technical solutions on site
- Maintain personal expertise and knowledge to ensure that the company is at the forefront of the industry both technically and in using the latest technologies and standards
Who we're looking for
As a Project Engineer, you will:
- Previous engineering experience and a subject matter expert in the discipline of engineering discipline are required.
- Up-to-date relevant knowledge of engineering and of industry best practice, appropriate to the relevant discipline, is required.
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline and a relevant professional qualification, such as MICE or MIStructE, or having an ONC/HNC is desirable.
- A valid CSCS card is required.
- Focused and thorough with the appropriate skills to advise senior management when something needs immediate redress together with the tenacity and drive to ensure that the necessary action is taken.
- Previous management experience within the construction or relevant support services industries, together with a strong understanding of technical issues and trends in the relevant sectors, including specialist markets is required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure, and a customer centric, flexible approach.
- A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on engineering excellence, the customer and the business is required.
An understanding of BIM and how to read and assemble BIM models and produce appropriate reports from them is desirable.
Salary/benefits package for the Sub Agent:
- Salary range £30,000 to £40,000.
- Company car.
- Pension Scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- 23 days holiday
If you are interested, please forward an updated CV along with a cover letter. All applications are dealt with the strictest of confidentiality.