|Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex||Salary: £25000 - £32000 per annum + comprehensive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Project Engineer required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, based in Southend. My client are lookign for a Project Engineer who has a strong Mechanical Engineering background!
The Project Engineer position includes a high level of customer interaction, also including coordinating, planning and scheduling, as well as report writing and risk assesments, all within an military environmental testing environment.
On offer is a highly competitive salary of £25,000 - £32,000, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Candidates for this opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Day to day responsibilities of Project Engineer position:
- Taking a customer requirement, interpreting it, aligning to equipment available and creating documentation to enable engineers and technicians to deliver
- Lots of customer interaction
- Relaying information to suppliers and bringing in equipment
- Once the test sequence has taken place there will be an element of report writing
- Safety awareness throughout including reviewing risk assessments/docs etc.
- Not line management but more task management
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- HNC/HND minimum and hands-on experience in an engineering environment (Mechanical preferred)
- Methodical way of working
- Able to demonstrate ability to coordinate and plan
- IT literate
- Strong communication skills
- Extremely safety conscious
- Understanding of environmental testing or trials
- Experience of munitions or explosives
- Defence environment
All applicants for this position must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
To apply for this Project Engineer opportunity, please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.