|Location: Ashford, Kent||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Project Engineer required for one of the UKs leading defence/aerospace companies, working on a range of state of the art aerospace and weapon equipment / systems. The position is based in Ashford.
Ideal candidates for this Project Engineer position will have experience as a Project Engineer or Project Manager, ideally within the defence / aerospace domain. Ideally, candidates will also have experience of Product Design or Systems Engineering.
Salary for this position has not been advertised, and will be discussed upon application.
All applicants for this Project Engineer role must be eligible for Security Clearance to SC level.
Key tasks for this Project Engineer role will include:
* Working alongside an appropriate Technical Expert to ensure that projects meet time, cost and quality expectations.
* Project Management for a number of Engineering projects
* Development and maintenance of project plans
* Resource management and de-confliction of competing priorities
* Ensuring that all Design projects are carried out in accordance with company Design Procedures and Regulatory Requirements.
* Production of key Systems Engineering documents through the project life cycle
* Risk Management
* General management tasks to support the Director of Engineering and Chief Engineer
Required Qualifications and Experience:
* Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
* Able to turn complex requirements in to simple and achievable plans.
* Able to operate autonomously and reactively to changing requirements
* Enthusiastic and committed to the role
* Good IT skills
* Calm, able to work well under pressure
* Good communicator, both written and oral
* Excellent team player
* Experience as a Project Engineer, Project Manager or Systems Engineer
* Experience in a product design environment (desirable)
* Aviation or Weapons domain experience (desirable)
* Engineering Degree (desirable)
* Chartered Engineer (desirable)
* Domain knowledge of Unmanned Aerial Target systems including ground, target and control systems (desireable)
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A BRITISH PASSPORT, AND BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
To apply for this exciting Project Engineer opportunity, please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.