|Location: Winchester, Hampshire||Salary: £22.00 - £26.00 per hour|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Project Engineer - Highways
Reporting to: Project Manager
Job Duration: 6 Months + or permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary Range (Dependant on experience and skillset): £22 - £26 per hour or £30,000 - £35,000 per year
Working for a main contractor on one of the most prestigious Highways projects in the country.
The Project Engineer Role:
To assist delivery of Highway Team, Road Renewals and/or Designated funds/Improvement projects to programme/budget and assist the Senior Engineer or Project Manager in development of specific components of a project. To support the Senior Engineer, Project Manager in the efficient working of the team.
Tasks/Responsibilities of a Project Engineer:
- Carry out investigations, inspections, surveys, studies and draft reports on identified problems and options for solution.
- Prepare specifications, schedules and drawings.
- Prepare calculations and designs in accordance with relevant standards, codes of Practice and DfT standards.
- Prepare tender/contract documentation necessary for Managed and Provider works projects.
- Supervise the work of junior staff within the team and support their personal development.
- Liaise with other teams and other senior staff in co-ordination of works.
- Liaise with the Police, Local highway Authority, Statutory Undertakers and other bodies as required.
- Assist with project administration and control, including monitoring of costs and programme.
- Assist with the identification of programme delivery, resources and budgets.
- Ensure compliance with the Information Management System.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations and EM CDM procedures.
- Comply with Health and Safety in the workplace, as set out in the EM Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Experience of a Project Engineer:
- Appropriate qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Typically 3+ years experience of working within a Civil Engineering design environment, preferably on a high speed Network
- Computer literate with competent ability and knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience in relevant design packages ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig, WINDES or MX advantageous.
- Good communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
If you're interested in this position, apply! They are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.