|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Project Engineer - NPI
Competitive salary to be discussed upon application
My client, one of the most globally recognised and respected aerospace companies in the world, are looking for a Project Engineer NPI, a position that is critical to their business.
The succesful candidate for this Project Engineer role will have experience working with NPI (new product introduction), as well as coming from an aerospace/aviation background. This role is based in Bounemouth.
You will be managing internal and external resources to successfully deliver allocated projects, through requirements definition, analysis, design, development and qualification. You will ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements.
All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC).
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
- On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, child care vouchers, private medical and dental insurance, holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
- Share incentive schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted Cobham Sports and Social Club membership
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities.
As a Project Engineer NPI your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- HNC/Apprenticeship and/or Degree Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
- Understanding of operation/ maintenance of civil and/or military aircraft
- Understanding of civil and/or military airworthiness and certification
- Strong civil and/or military customer and supplier facing experience
- Experience of cooperative working with Project Management specialists
- A strong understanding of systems engineering in the context of aerospace systems, equipment and the integration of equipment onto platforms or packaged sub-systems.
As a Project Engineer NPI your main responsibilities will involve:
- Establish clear requirements baselines prior to commencement of design or change activity.
- Define and lead analyses in support of system design, integration and change assessment.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a DDP.
- Estimate resource requirements, plan projects and report progress
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes
- Work with Programme Management to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements
- Manage technical risks
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives