|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: April Burton|
Project Engineer/Junior Project Manager
Must be eligible for SC Clearance (Must ONLY hold a British passport).
Project Engineer/Junior Project Manager needed for a leading defence company in Loudwater. I am currently looking for a Junior Project Engineer on behalf of my client, a leading provider of electronic solutions to the defence/avionics industry. They are looking for someone to join them full time to work on a number of exciting defence projects.
The Successful Project Engineer/Junior Project Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits that can include:
- Competitive annual salary
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Retail vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Salary Sacrifice for Cars scheme
Some of the main duties of the Project Engineer/Junior Project Manager will include:
- Manage and execute low value contracts with limited supervision.
- Collate project data to ensure effective project governance by the Head of Products & Support.
- Support the Programme/Project Managers to which you are assigned.
- Interface with all internal departments in support of Project Execution.
- Interface with external customers.
- Supporting the nominated Programme Manager in the execution of their Project portfolio with limited supervision
- Level 1 reports, risk registers, financial reports, forward load
- Issuing and updating work packages. Organising and facilitating work package reviews with the Team and tracking progress, issues and exceptions
- Maintaining resourced & time phased programme/project schedules with critical paths ensuring task status is updated and progress against milestones is up to date
- Supporting bid activity and generating cost books and quotes in an accurate and timely manner with appropriate consideration of the commercial implications re: margin, risk provision etc.
- Supporting the generation of Project Management Plans.
- Supporting periodic Project Reviews and ensuring that Projects are formally closed out once completed
- Co-ordinating the collection of data and analysis in accordance with the re-work procedures.
What you need to be the successful Project Engineer/Junior Project Manager:
- In order to be the successful Project Engineer/Junior Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Thorough understanding of Project/Programme Management principles.
- Demonstrable Project/Programme Management experience in a technical/engineer arena.
- A strong leader, able to positively influence.
- APM or PMI equivalent
- Prince 2
- MSP Practitioner
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Engineer/Junior Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.