|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Risk and Opportunity Manager
Risk and Opportunity Manager needed for a large multinational defence and engineering organisation based in Havant who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Risk and Opportunity Manager that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree and have a keen interest in threat and risk management. If you have experience as a Risk and Opportunity Manager from an engineering and defence background that would be a plus!
The Risk and Opportunity Manager will report to the Programme Office Manager and will be part of a multi-skilled group of professionals and support staff providing matrix support services during all phases of the programme's life cycle
As an SME in Risk and Opportunity Management, provide guidance and support to programmes and management on the implementation and performance of Risk and Opportunities
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Risk and Opportunity Manager will include:
- Be able to effectively conceptualise, strategise, anticipate threats and opportunities, plan, organise, implement & communicate. This is a key supporting role requiring domain knowledge and good judgement across the whole range of programme management activities and will provide the necessary Programme Performance Management (PPM) process focus.
- Facilitating and capturing the data generated at risk and opportunity brainstorm and other sessions during the proposal and performance stage of programmes.
- Preparing and facilitating the internal R/O reviews ensuring actions are captured, recorded and reviewed.
- Conducting one on one risk reviews as well as larger product risk reviews for a programme's sub systems.
- Maintaining the programmes risk register, ensuring that risks and opportunities are reviewed at a frequency which reflects their priority.
- Development of clear and concise risks and opportunities, with root cause analysis and fully defined mitigation strategies, that will allow for programme plans to be adjusted and management decisions to be made in respect of the reported risk or opportunity.
- Ensure that risk mitigation activities are imbedded in the cost & schedule baseline and that risk impacts and fall back plans are properly assessed for the establishment of Management Reserve & schedule margin.
- Tracking and reporting of risk mitigation tasks embedded in the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Establish the R/O baseline and maintain a rigorous change control procedure.
- Production of accurate Monthly reporting data for both internal and external meetings
- Establish a Business Rhythm with Customer and Partner Risk and Opportunity Managers
- Generating and distributing monthly ad-hoc reports to both internal and external customers as well as partner organisations to enable all stakeholders to effectively manage risk.
- Maintain Programme shared risk register with inputs from customer and partners
- Organise and facilitate the quarterly risk managers meetings and the subsequent Joint Risk Team Meeting.
- Supporting Programme Working Groups with risk management as appropriate Generation and continued development of risk and opportunity metrics.
- Capturing 3-point estimates to undertake cost and schedule risk analysis, including what if scenarios.
- Development, documentation, execution, audit and continuous improvement of the programmes risk and opportunity management process.
What experience you need to be the successful Risk and Opportunity Manager:
- This person will be proficient with the use of the current risk management tools (ARM) and have experience in risk and opportunity management, with a wider understanding of programme planning, particularly on complex system integration programmes.
- Have a "can do" attitude with the ability to be energetic and enthusiastic at all times.
- Practice good ethics during every day work.
- Able to develop, or facilitate the development of, solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of working with enterprise management systems and tailoring of processes.
- Confident self-starter capable of handling enquiries and problems without appreciable direction.
- Working knowledge of Programme Performance Management Principles and Practises
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Risk and Opportunity Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role candidates
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.