|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: £1 - £2 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Contract (3 Month initial)
Project Manager needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Cheltenham who are looking to employ an experienced Project Manager with experience in managing full life cycle Defence projects. The project manager will be supporting the introduction of two major land vehicle programmes.
On offer is a competitive hourly rate with strong likelihood of extension on the project.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Ownership and management of the project to time, cost and quality throughout all phases of the product life cycle
- Provide leadership and direction for assigned project personnel, both in terms of the project objectives & the overarching business goals and processes
- Establish and maintain a robust requirements baseline for the project and ensure strict adherence to requirements during project execution and disciplined application of the change management process
- Overall responsibility for developing and maintaining the Work Breakdown Structure & Integrated Master schedule to ensure that all project schedule commitments & deliverables are met
- Control project spend and track and report metrics as required, including the development and maintenance of a Cost Breakdown Structure
- Ensure that resource plans are maintained to meet current and future project needs and that tasks are assigned appropriately to project personnel
- Identify, manage and burn-down project risks, develop & drive risk mitigation actions, review status and maintain a comprehensive Risk, Issues & Opportunities Management Process, resolving and/or escalating issues as appropriate
- Effectively communicate project status through appropriate management reporting data both externally (customer) and internally (team)
- Drive ownership and accountability in the project team and develop close, long term productive and conducive customer relationships
- Identify process improvements and where possible implement initiatives to continuously improve the responsiveness to both customer and business needs
What you need to be the successful Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experienced Project Management professional with strong leadership skills and demonstrable track record in successful project setup, execution and delivery ideally APMP/MAPM or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to demonstrate an execution focus and natural drive for meeting project and business commitments
- Knowledge and experience in the effective use of Project Management tools and techniques
- Ability to quickly identify the critical path, and mitigate risks as they are identified
- Ability to create effective working relationships within a challenging environment
- Ability to communicate (and report) at all levels within the business
- Strong negotiation skills with customers, management, peers and subordinates
- Ideally qualified to degree level in a technical discipline
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint and experience of working with finance teams
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.