|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Project Manager - Risk & Opportunity
Project Manager required to join a globally established defence / engineering company in the Havant area. This company has recently won some large projects within the Maritime industry so ideally the Project Manager will come from a Navy / defence related background and have experience within Risk & Opportunity Management.
Responsibilities for the Project Manager:
- As the UKIS SME in Risk and Opportunity Management, provide guidance and support to programmes and management on the implementation and performance of Risk and Opportunity.
- Leading, Facilitating and capturing the data generated at risk and opportunity brainstorm and other sessions during the proposal and performance stage of programmes.
- Preparing and facilitating the internal R/O reviews ensuring actions are captured, recorded and reviewed.
- Conducting one on one risk reviews as well as larger product risk reviews for a programme's sub systems.
- Maintaining the programmes risk register, ensuring that risks and opportunities are reviewed at a frequency which reflects their priority.
- Development of clear and concise risks and opportunities, with root cause analysis and fully defined mitigation strategies, that will allow for programme plans to be adjusted and management decisions to be made in respect of the reported risk or opportunity.
- The Project Manager must ensure that risk mitigation activities are imbedded in the cost & schedule baseline and that risk impacts and fall back plans are properly assessed for the establishment of Management Reserve & schedule margin.
- Tracking and reporting of risk mitigation tasks embedded in the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Establish the R/O baseline and maintain a rigorous change control procedure.
- Production of accurate Monthly reporting data for both internal and external meetings
- Establish a Business Rhythm with Customer and Supplier Risk and Opportunity Managers
- Generating and distributing monthly and ad hoc reports to both internal and external customers as well as subcontractor organisations to enable all stakeholders to effectively manage risk.
- Organise and facilitate the quarterly risk managers meetings and the subsequent Joint Risk Team Meeting.
- Generation and continued development of risk and opportunity metrics.
- Capturing 3-point estimates to undertake cost and schedule risk analysis, including what if scenarios.
- Project Management, development, documentation, execution, audit and continuous improvement of the programmes risk and opportunity management process.
- Championing the Risk & Opportunity culture and being the Programme Office Managers ambassador for Risk and Opportunity
Requirements (Skill set) for the Project Manager include:
- The Project Manager must be proficient user of the current Risk Management tools.
- Have a "can do" attitude with the ability to be energetic and enthusiastic at all times.
- Able to develop, or facilitate the development of, solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Experience of working with enterprise management systems and tailoring of processes.
- Confident self-starter capable of handling enquiries and problems without appreciable direction.
- Good working knowledge of Programme Performance Management Principles and Practises
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
The Project Manager - Risk & Opportunity will need to be eligible for SC clearance (Security clearance)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.