|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Project Manager needed for a multinational aerospace and defence organisation based in Greenford who is looking to employ an experienced Project Manager with in-depth knowledge of Project Management enviroments, budget/cost management, MS Project, harware and software development, along with Project Management qualification such as APMP or Prince 2. Expirience in the aerospace/defence industries would be highly advantageous.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Managing projects to meet the required financial and project constraints.
- Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
- Achieving acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
- Accurately forecasting project cost, cash & resource demands
- Establishing and maintaining project metrics to measure and report progress.
- Effectively communicating with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Effectively managing project issues, risk & opportunities, data, and action logs, including item closure.
- Managing subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget.
- Planning and conducting effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
- Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
- Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans), to provide planning basis for the team and customers.
- Ensuring that projects comply with the Company directives and relevant security requirements.
- Managing security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What you need to be the successful Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Proven experience in project management, specifically in setting up, running and successfully delivering projects, ideally in the defence electronics sector.
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects in a matrix structure.
- Experience of MS Office including MS Project.
- A strong and varied background in scheduling/budgeting/cost management with proven commercial/technical astuteness and demonstrable good judgment.
Degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Science or Business Management) or equivalent experience
Project management qualifications preferred, such as APMP.
Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants must be eligible for security clearance up to SC level