|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 18 days ago|
6 month contract
My client are looking for a Project Manager on an initial 6 month contract, with the potential to go permanent. They are one of the UKs leading companies within defence/aerospace industry in the UK!
Ideally candidates will be Prince 2/APMP qualified, candidates will ideally have experience of bid management, as well as software and hardware development.
All applicants for this Project Manager position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Key Responsibilities for Project Manager:
- Managing projects to meet the required financial and project constraints.
- Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
- Achieving acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
- Accurately forecasting project cost, cash & resource demands
- Establishing and maintaining project metrics to measure and report progress.
- Effectively communicating with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Effectively managing project issues, risk & opportunities, data, and action logs, including item closure.
- Managing subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget.
- Planning and conducting effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
- Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
- Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans), to provide planning basis for the team and customers.
- Ensuring that projects comply with the the Company directives and relevant security requirements.
- Managing security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Knowledge skills and experience needed:
- Proven experience in project management, specifically in setting up, running and successfully delivering projects, ideally in a satellite or engineering/aerospace industry.
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects in a matrix structure.
- Experience of working with overseas customers, specifically North America.
- Experience of MS Office including MS Project.
- A strong and varied background in scheduling/budgeting/cost management with proven commercial/technical astuteness and demonstrable good judgment.
To apply for this exciting 6 month contract position please press 'apply now'.