|Location: Romsey, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Construction, Production, Commercial, Design||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Stefan Beck|
We are currently recruiting an experienced PROJECT MANAGER for our prestigious client based in Romsey - SO51.
Our client specialises in providing high quality steel frame construction work for agricultural industrial, commercial and marine application.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful PROJECT MANAGER will have full management control and accountability of the projects assigned. The role also includes assisting the pre-contracts department in securing work and winning tenders.
Primary objectives of the PROJECT MANAGER are:
- To provide high level leadership, client visibility and strategic direction on the project.
- To manage the project staff thus ensuring the project is delivered safely, to specification, on time and within budget, so that the client is satisfied and the Company achieves or exceeds planned financial goals.
- To ensure that standards of excellence in construction project execution and safety are continuously improved.
- To act as the key interface and point of contact for the project, developing and maintaining strong relationships with the client, partners, suppliers and subcontractors
Responsibilities of the PROJECT MANAGER will include the following:
- To play a lead role in setting the overall construction execution strategy for the project, ensuring that a comprehensive plan is in place for each part of the project.
- To assemble, organise and direct the resources necessary for the successful completion of work, ensuring that appropriate teams are in place, with the right resources needed to meet objectives.
- To ensure that lines of communication are established and maintained to ensure the effective exchange of information and day to day liaison between the client, partners, subcontractors and suppliers, and anyone else involved in the project.
- To carry out regular site inspections and detailed project reviews on a regular basis, ensuring that all activities and deliverables are on track, and where necessary agreeing remedial actions.
- To ensure that sites operate to the highest safety standards, and are fully compliant with the latest HSE regulations. To ensure also that appropriate protocols are followed in order to comply with industry specific regulatory requirements.
- To provide coaching, motivation and support to the CMs and other project staff, and presence at client / partner meetings where appropriate.
- To ensure that the contract is fully performed, and that no amendments or variations are allowed without required approvals and sign-off.
- To facilitate speedy resolution of problems at the earliest stage possible.
- To provide regular reports to the Operations Director.
- To leverage his/her "network" in client and partner companies with a view to extending business relationships with them, and gain early visibility of new potential work.
This person will be an established Project Manager in a similar project-related construction services organisation, with a demonstrable track record of achievement and improvement in the following areas:
- Excellence in construction project execution
- Leadership of site-based teams
- Client relationship management
- Financial / commercial performance.
This experience is likely to have been gained with a design and build contractor, and should ideally include exposure to managing turnkey projects.
This person will be a seasoned construction management professional, with the following competences, attributes and personal qualities:
- Strong and broad-based construction knowledge, with significant site-based experience.
- Detail understanding of Steel frame building erection and cladding.
- Advanced level planning and project management skills.
- Personable, presentable, professional image and stature, with presence and gravitas.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; able to build effective.
- long-term relationships both internally and externally.
- Good people manager, able to lead and motivate; a team builder / team player, used to leading site-based teams and subcontractors.
- Organizational and planning ability - effective delegation.
- Quick to identify key issues and priorities, spot opportunities and risk, resolve problems and make decisions; intuitive nose for problems when visiting a site; able to operate independently and exercise discretion and initiative.
- Full appreciation & experience of design process.
- Commercial awareness and business acumen; knowledge of project budgeting and financial management.
- Knowledge of current HSE regulations.
- Creative/lateral thinker, with the ability to challenge established practice and identify effective improvements.
- Flexible, able to adapt to change, focused on client / partner relationships and teamwork.
- Personal stability, assurance, integrity, energy and the drive to "make things happen".
- Firm but diplomatic, sensitive to cultural and political issues