|Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands||Salary: £55000 - £70000 per annum + Pension, Health Care etc|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
- Wolverhampton / Midlands based and working on a huge National Grid gas framework for Cadent
- Salary is £55-70k + package (car allowance of circa £5k, healthcare, life assurance, pension, private medical) - there may be some wriggle room for another couple of grand for someone exceptional
- 42.5 Hours a week
- Gas & Water Industry
- Benefits: Pension, Healthcare, Bonuses (will discuss with you later on)
Brief Summary about the role:
Exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join an expanding main contractor within the Gas & Water industry.
You'll be expected to work on and around the West Midlands area on a Gas Contract.
You'll manage the effective end to end delivery from work stack design, works preparation, works delivery, close out and payment of GDSP (Gas Distribution Strategic Partnership) programme of works to a combined annual value of £15M, ensuring the work is completed in the most efficient manner.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead by example and in conjunction with the Divisional HSE Team, ensure a proactive safety culture at all times and adhere to latest Zero Harm objectives set out by the company;
- Ensure that the Quality Management System is implemented at all stages throughout the scheme delivery process, i.e. from work stack determination to close outs and payments;
- Ensure that the work-stream specific Project Management Plans are developed and regularly updated throughout its life-cycle;
- Regularly review work in progress using the Plan Do Review (PDR) process to identify improvements where appropriate and for monitoring scheme "costs" & "prices "to ensure efficient use of resources to strive to increase productivity;
- Be responsible for the monitoring progress / performance to ensure that all objectives are met and problems are anticipated and resolved.
- Strategic, operational, technical and management skills
- Ensure the workstream specific Project Management Plan is developed and regularly updated throughout its lifecycle.
- Ensuring works procedures are compliant with the design, project management and quality plans.
- Ensure high productivity and efficiency through effective control and utilisation of the contract work force and its resources, operating within the appropriate Safety Management system as defined by HS (G) 65 and the Board of Directors
- Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
What you need:
- Needs experience of multiple small projects running within specific time frames ( can be up to 700 per year )
- Running full project management across commercial management (P&L management experience)
- H&S Accountability,
- Managing process via Client gated lifecycle process,
- Full People Management experience.
- Ideally from Utilities background but will consider Construction back ground.
- Would like evidence of personal experience not a list of projects worked on
- Have Project Management experience within the Construction industry.
- Hold a degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline;
- Hold a APMP or equivalent;
- Hold a H&S certification: either NEBOSH, SMSTS, CSCS, ISOH as appropriate;
- Have good computer IT Skills (various packages such as Word, Excel, Cemar).
- Experience of overall management of whole project's covering H&S, Commercial and People aspect of areas of responsibility.
- Experience in gas networks/ Utilities Industry
- Awareness of NEC contracts
- Experience in working with Primavera or Power project
If you're interested please get in touch right away as they are looking to get people started ASAP.