|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Charlie Ringer||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Project Manager needed for a market leading aerospace organisation based in Bedforshire who are looking to employ an experienced Project Manager with an in-depth knowledge of Project/Prgramme Management, a strong understanding of budget control/cost management, and the Aerospace Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Planning and management of contracted and/or internal projects delegated by the Project Office Manager, controlling critical success factors and criteria, including deliverables, schedule, costs, cash flow, profitability, quality and risk management.
- Development of budgets, work plans and works orders for delegated projects.
- Conducting regular project reviews; organisation and management of technical interchange meetings on delegated projects.
- Maintenance of Project Schedules and tracking progress of deliverables
- Raising of Purchase Orders and Sales Quotations (Invoices)
- Management of Supply Chains and Procurement on delegated projects ensuring that all subcontractors and suppliers deliver to agreed cost, schedule and quality and ensuring best value for money.
- Lead communicator with clients for delegated projects and development of customer relationships with a view to securing follow-on work.
- Support to functional groups within ASG and Aircraft Maintenance Group (AMG) in prioritisation, deliverables and management of individual workloads.
- Collection of customer feedback on delegated projects in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Support to the development, maintenance and implementation of project management best practice and processes, meeting the requirements of the current ISO9001 standards.
- Completion of reporting activities in support of weekly Project Board meetings as required.
- Support to business development and proposal generation activities as required.
- Liaison with business development in support of transition from bid stage to project launch
- Support to the Project Office Manager and Head of ASG across all projects and management activities as required.
- Support the strategic development of company project management processes as part of the continual improvement programme.
- Contribute to the forward management of the Company by offering suggestions and constructive actions to processes and results.
- Maintain relationships with other Business Groups to ensure effective communication
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed accurately.
- Ensure that Project Purchasing and Invoicing are up to date
- Ensure that Project Schedules and Project Files are up to date
- Ensure that Project Reporting is accurate
- To ensure the health and safety of all staff by observing Company policies and procedures and reporting any incidents as necessary.
- To attend any training courses / sessions as requested by management.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
What you need to be the successful Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Previous experience in Project / Programme Management using leading methodologies and processes.
- Experience of managing multiple projects controlling critical success factors and criteria
- Knowledge of MS Project and MS Office
- Understand budgetary control and resource allocation procedures.
- Ability to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!