|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: William Church|
An opportunity exists for a Project Manager to join an established leading design and manufacturing business that has a cutting edge product range which services the surveillance and defence industries. The successful Project Manager will have a portfolio of experience similar environments, a strong commercial awareness and high-level communication skills.
Current security clearance or eligibility to go through the security clearance process is essential.
The successful Project Manager will be offered a competitive salary and the following package:
- 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income protection
- Childcare vouchers
- High-street discounts scheme
- Free parking
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will be:
- You will take ownership of all aspects of the Project and develop a financial baseline, ensuring the project achieves business goals including profitability, revenue, and payment milestones.
- Communicate to Senior Management through Project Reviews and other means, updates and snapshots of the Project including highlighting issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate with the customer to manage contract requirements and manage Customer expectations including delivery timeframe.
- Manage the overall engineering development efforts, Contract Deliverables and Contract Milestones
- Responsibility for Risk management, plan development and mitigation strategy.
- Liaise internally to ensure that the Commercial, Licence, Shipping and related documents are processed within the related Project timeframes.
- Achieve Factory, Site and Final Acceptance processes in conjunction with QA/QC Team.
- Confirm System complete to BoM prior to Shipping including Spares Packages and maintain full compliance with the documentation requirements.
- Ensure completion of Project v Plan including Estimate to Complete.
- Manage handover to the Customer including completion of Final Acceptance.
- Ensure relevant project documentation is completed
What you need to be the successful Project Manager:
- Several years' experience in a technical/engineering Project Management role is essential, ideally within the defence industry
- A strong commercial & contract awareness with a good understanding of Risk Management is required
- Excellent planning and scheduling capabilities with the proven ability to manage customer expectations alongside agreed requirements
- A hands on and can-do attitude, able to adequately function in a high expectancy & demanding position
- You will possess excellent communication skills at all levels with strong negotiation skills
- Good experience in the use of MS Office and MS Project
If you are an experienced Project Manager looking to take on your next challenge and possess the desired industry exposure within Aerospace, Defence, Marine and Electronics, then there is no time to waste make an application!
This is an immediate requirement and candidates must be eligible for security clearance