|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: William Hammond||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Project Manager Role
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
Salary - £50,000 - £60,000 depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for a Project Manager to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. My client can offer you an exciting career dealing with bid for some very different projects that you would necessarily get to work on anywhere else.
The Project Manager will be a key member of the growing Quantum Technology team at Teledyne e2v to lead projects in the various activities of Quantum Sensor development.
A significant part of the role will involve internal and external liaison between Teledyne e2v and other stakeholders within the Quantum science community. These will include other functions within Teledyne e2v, government scientists, national timing institutions (e.g. NPL), university physicists and blue-chip corporate engineering teams, as well as working with, and managing partners and subcontractors.
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Initiation, execution, monitoring and controlling the project's lifecycle to ensure delivery to schedule, performance and cost. This includes creating plans and proposals for new activities
- To ensure that the project's processes adhere to agreed company procedures and standards and ensuring that any corporate and legislative requirements are met
- To provide effective leadership, motivation and appropriate people management of the project's team members
- Manage project uncertainty through effective planning and risk and opportunity management, establishing appropriate mitigations, contingency and realisation plans.
- Preparing and publishing project plans and required documentation for bids, tender vets, and other initiated or planned phases within projects
- Effectively communicate project performance, issues and risks to all stakeholders (and where appropriate manage expectations) for projects
- Ensure that all aspects of a project are coherently and effectively joined to all other facets of the business. This includes support services (e.g. compliance, design office & procurement), manufacturing as well as marketing and sales
- Support improvement opportunities within the business including continuous improvement of project management process
- Lead project reviews and feedback issues to the wider organisation
- Lead the customer/project interface, working with all stakeholders to develop future opportunities, liaising with business development to keep them up to date with current and future developments
In order to be the successful Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience of successfully delivering complex projects using recognised project management methodologies
- Proficiency in the use and understanding of Project Management / resource tools such as MS Project
- Demonstrated successful management of project finances and project scope
- A proven track record of successful risk/opportunity management and development of mitigation/realisation plans;
- A resilient can-do approach to problem solving
- Persuasive and clear communication skills across all levels of the business
- Good awareness of export legislation
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Able to demonstrate successful R&D project execution within similar technical industry or level of technical challenge
- Experience of leading large collaborative projects including both academic and commercial organisations
- Experience of managing projects from early development through to product launch
- Ability to interpret internal/external business issues and recommend best practice in own discipline
- Demonstrable experience of energising teams to meet critical timescales and project delivery within budget
- Ability to demonstrate complex problem solving in practice (with root cause analysis)
- Experience of project managing a large project portfolio
- Knowledge and qualification in APM Body of Knowledge, PRINCE2 or PMP methodologies
- SC Clearance (or be eligible)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!