|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 24 days ago|
A Project Manager is needed for a leading Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Buckinghamshire who are looking to employ an experienced Project Manager with an in-depth knowledge of Project/ Programme management, bid Management, be able to develop, execute and maintain project plans in the Aerospace/ Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- To assume total responsibility for the management and delivery of assigned projects with full accountability for project performance. Deliver the programme/project in line with the company's processes, procedures and standards.
- To have total and complete understanding of project and contractual requirements.
- Bid Management - lead and co-ordinate bids from concept to contract award, working through the direction of business development. Work on and prepare the required proposals, cost books in line with the bid allowable timescales.
- Define, communicate, execute & monitor the project and prioritise specific to individual contracts and projects, in line with agreed contractual and delivery requirements, with appropriate work packages, key milestones and budgets for each stage of work package.
- Develop, execute and maintain project plans and statements of work (SOW's), detailing task descriptions, deliverables, project schedules through liaising with specialist areas across a matrix organisation in-line with company processes, procedures and standards.
- Develop and lead project teams; providing leadership, direction and control, through effective work package management. Provide support, mentoring and coaching as required to ensure success delivery of assigned programme/projects.
- Risks, issues and opportunity management, ensuring logs/registers are established and maintained through the life of the assigned project with high level of accuracy.
- Effective Stakeholder Management including interface and the management of external customers.
- Build strong customer relationship. Provide primary focus for customer, communication and liaison, keeping customers informed of work progress, issues and resolution plans. Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained at all times. Manage customer exceptions, in-line with company priorities and capabilities.
- Identify and pursue follow-on business opportunities, working closely with business development team.
- Continually assess current performance, identify root causes, and actively drive programme/project and cross functional improvements through the life cycle of the assign project.
- Manage, report status and performance of the assigned project in line with the company's management reporting cycle. Ensure project data is maintained to a high level of accuracy (forward load, project plans, risk registers and financial data) within the various company's business data systems.
- To hold, chair and /or present at various forums (such as project meetings, progress and contract reviews). Ensure that all communications to stakeholders, verbal and written are clear, concise and unambiguous.
- Where appropriate, development and training of own staff, recruitment and appraisal.
What you need to be the successful Project Manager
In order to be the successful Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree level in relevant management discipline or engineering with at least 5 years management experience
- Responsibility for assigned teams. Will need to be motivated to work independently as tasks demand. Able to lead and motivate a team up to 6-12 people (approx.) within a project matrix structure.
- Thorough understanding of Project/Programme Management principles
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). SharePoint, MS Project Professional, IFS
- Flexibility and willingness to travel within the UK and overseas (<10%)
- SC Security Clearance or a willing to undertake
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Project Manager, you must be eligible for Security Clearance.