|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £35 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: William Hammond||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Project Manager (Facilities Engineer)
Essex: Commutable from Romford, Braintree, Harlow, Southend, Colchester, Chelmsford etc
I have a great opportunity for a Project Manager (Facilities Engineer) to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex.
I'm looking for an experienced Facilities Project Engineer to lead key projects delivering changes to the site's complex infrastructure, production and office areas. Projects will range from small-scale office moves to larger production area moves involving HV/LV networks, hazardous/toxic gases, HVAC, waste infrastructure and fire safety. You will have responsibility the safe delivery of your allocated projects, liaising with external contractors and key stakeholders.
This role will collaborate extensively with the internal Business Unit leads and Procurement to ensure requirements delivered within their Performance, Schedule and Cost requirements. You can gain heaps of experience and veriety in this role with unlimited career progression and an exciting environment to work in. If you want to make a difference and work on something unique then this is the role for you!
The successful Project Manager (Facilities Engineer) will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perks at Work
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Simply Health
- Free on site car parking
- On site canteen
- Legal discounts
- Discount gym membership at local gyms
- Plus more
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager (Facilities Engineer) will include:
Responsible for developing and maintaining Project Plans for allocated works, identifying and reporting on key review and delivery milestones with stakeholders.
- Provide initial project feasibility, timescale and budget information for new requests
- Creation of proposals and scopes of work to enable work to be sub-contracted, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and planning requirements, i.e. CDM (2015) Regulations, Building Regulations, Fire Safety, Electrical Safety, Gas Safety, PSSR, EA Permitting and Waste (Hazardous and General) etc.
- Responsible for delivery of allocated change/development projects on site
- Selection and assessment of service providers, i.e. architects, consultants, engineers and sub-contractors to ensure Value for Money from the FM supply chain in close partnership with the Procurement team.
- Liaison with external bodies on changes to the site infrastructure, i.e. Local Councils, Environment Agency as necessary.
- Sub-contractor management to ensure all parties operate in in accordance with Health & Safety Procedures, Contractor's Method Statements and the Construction Health and Safety Plan, ensuring the safety of all persons affected by the works.
- Financial control of work package budgets, providing weekly progress updates.
- Maintain an authorised change control record and oversee completion of snagging inspections, O&M manuals and sub-contractor performance assessments.
In order to be the successful Project Manager (Facilities Engineer) and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Good understanding and working knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulations, Planning and Building Regulations
- Experience in working in project teams made up of internal and external stakeholders
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Project Management tools and Lifecycle review.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiation and influencing skills with ability to select and manage sub-contractors for installations and buildings work
- Good understanding and working knowledge of CAD packages AutoCAD, Creo or Inventor 3D
- Good communication skills to exchange information with senior management, internal customers and contractors
- Degree/HND/HNC in Facilities Management, Construction/Project Management or relevant experience
- MCIBSE / MAPM or equivalent verifiable work based experience and training
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager (Facilities Engineer) to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!