|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: £20000 - £25000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
The Project Support Officer is a key member of the project team and works directly with the project managers to help define the project's goals and objectives. The Project Support Officer will support the Project Manager in the successful delivery of internal and external projects utilising the Project Execution Framework (PEF).
The Project Support Officer must possess an awareness of project management processes and be able to perform routine project management support assignments within; scheduling, cost budgeting and estimating, scope management and change control and risk management. The Project Support Officer may support several projects simultaneously (based on project size and work experience) therefore, they must also be flexible in dealing with multiple project managers, while supporting consistency with strategy, standards, policies and processes.
- Knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes.
- Knowledge of the different types of contracts.
- Understanding of the process and associated strategies for successful contract negotiations.
- Support the planning, definition, establishment, communication, monitoring and control of the project scope in the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Support the definition of an effective project organisation, against requirements in an Organisation Breakdown Structure (OBS) that aligns with the WBS.
- By working with the Project Cost Analyst support the development of an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) with activities, resources and milestones including subcontracts that can be quantifiably measured and controlled. Familiarity with schedule risk and critical path analyses.
- Support the initiation, development, integration and execution of the project.
- Support the development of plans for proposal and delivery phases of the project, project phases and customer milestones throughout the project's life cycle.
- Support the project team in identifying, planning and accomplishing critical project startup activities in a timely and effective manner.
- Support the project team in developing detailed proposals and responses to RFQ/RFP
- Work with the Project team to understand and report on resource utilization and availability.
- Applicants must be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances