|Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex||Salary: £18000 - £25000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Cox|
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Working for a leading independent privately owned group based in Eastbourne, East Sussex. The role will report to the Group Finance Director. The objective of the role is take responsibility for all out going payments.
Either somebody who has just started out in finance with some experience and desire to learn & progress or somebody with solid experience who enjoys accounts payable role.
- Understanding the basics of double entry bookkeeping
- Experience of using an accounting system
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Experience within a similar role
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good team working skills
About the role
- Processing and coding of invoices on a daily basis & ensure kept up to date
- Reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
- Obtain authorisation for invoices as necessary
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements or as and when they are received
- Ensure any input VAT is claimed correctly
- Prepare proposed supplier payment run ready for approval & load into online banking once approved
- Scan (or file if paper retained) supplier invoices & save in a well organized filing system.
- Deal with supplier queries
- Deal with purchase/spend queries from company employees
- Provide information as needed by the company and external auditors as necessary
- Process credit card payments.
- Setting up other ad hoc payments
This role offers the opportunity to work with a great team in a friendly working environment. The role will require somebody who has a 'can do' attitude and is adaptable. A good sense of humor is something that Finance Director will see as important to maintain the positive working culture within the team.
If you would like to apply please send through your up to date CV as your application or call Jack on 01342 330 561 for more information.