|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: £43000 - £47000 per annum + excellent company benefits|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Stalla Xystra|
Purchase Ledger needed for a well established Retail organisation based in Croydon who are looking to employ an experienced Purchase Ledger with an in-depth knowledge of managing Accounts Payable Teams.
The successful Purchase Ledger will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £40,000 to £47,000 per annum
* Annual Bonus
* Great holiday package with the option to buy or sell up to five days per year
* Pension scheme
* Private medical insurance
* Dental cover
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Purchase Ledger will include:
Governance, Controls and reporting
* Ensure all controls are in place to minimise risk, for both the accounts payable, property and master data processes by:
* Overseeing and submitting all internal control reporting requirements in line with clients guidelines.
* Ensuring an appropriate account reconciliation process is maintained throughout the year to provide assurance over key control accounts and other accounts as required.
Oversee defined reporting requirements for the Accounts Payable team, as part of:
* Month end reporting
* Quarterly and annual reporting (both internal and external)
Develop, analyse and report monthly key metrics and service delivery targets for the accounts payable areas, with focus on quality and consistent improvements. Continually benchmark against best industry practice to ensure performance is continually improved and maintained.
* Support both the Accounts Payable Managers to ensure their active involvement in the development of all activities and services provided to the business related to accounts payable, travel and expense.
* Confirm the business strategic approach to employee travel and expense management with executive management. Develop a roadmap covering all requirements to support the agreed direction including the ownership of the expenses policy, resourcing and system development.
* Regularly review with the Accounts Payable Managers' SLAs and metrics to ensure service delivery is met and address any unfavourable performance with other functions or the team. Support the Accounts Payable Managers to escalate issues with the appropriate internal and external teams where required.
* Support the Accounts Payable team to be instrumental in developing procedures and controls for reducing losses or disruption related to vendors. This will involve project-based work with purchasing, procurement, audit and external parties as appropriate. Provide an escalation point when dealing with vendor disputes (particularly commercial vendors) and help drive a resolution that is in the best interests of the client where appropriate.
* Support the Head of Finance Operations with the longer term strategic plan for Financial Operations, adopting best practice and optimising current talent and systems from concept through to implementation. This will involve networking and external event participation.
* Facilitate and drive the optimisation process for Accounts Payable processes through embedding the process improvement framework within the team. Developing business cases for projects, improvements and resourcing changes for investment committee approval and ensuring delivery of improved efficiency and cost savings to align performance with peers in the industry.
What you need to be the successful Purchase Ledger:
* In order to be the successful Purchase Ledger and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Knowledge and experience in accounts payable processes undertaken by centralised finance functions/ Shared Service Centres in multi-site retail businesses.
* Experience in successfully managing and developing a large team of part and unqualified finance personnel.
* Experience with large ERP systems highly advantageous
* Degree qualified/part qualified or equivalent level
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Purchase Ledger to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!