|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: David Morris|
Purchasing and Payment Services Lead needed at a multinational Defence Technology company based in Farnborough.
This role is responsible for implementing the Commercial Services strategy which will ensure that an agile and efficient service is established, maintained and developed in order to meet the performance objectives of the company and as defined by the Head of Commercial Services. The role is responsible for ensuring the business demand is both understood and met through leadership of the Purchasing and Payment Services team, shaping the current and future competency and capacity.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Deep and broad understanding of Purchasing and Payment Services
- Ability to challenge poor behaviours and make corrective changes in a diverse organisation
- A respected leader
- Proven track record in identifying best practice and delivering improved operational efficiency
- Deep experience of developing and managing others and building effective teams
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Effective management of potentially conflicting priorities from senior stakeholders
- Lead the Purchasing and Payment Services team to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of outputs to the required standards and performance levels
- Responsible for having appropriate capability in Purchasing and Payment Services and that it is fit for purpose for the short and long term requirements of the business
- Working as a key subject matter expert within Commercial Services improving business delivery through continuous improvement and acting as a trusted advisor, mentor and key contributor to the business
- Recognised as an expert in their domain. Drives their personal and team progression against professional competencies. Delivering a culture of continuous professional development within their team
- Develop performance measures that drive performance improvement in outputs delivered by the team and the input quality the team receives
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement and champion the delivery of the improvements. Seek opportunities to digitise, automate and develop processes
What to do Next
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Finance professional within a very exciting multinational company. If this role looks of interest to you then please click the apply button or contact Dave directly.