|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Purchasing Manager required to join a globally established Aerospace client in the area of Cheltenham. The Purchasing Manager is required to establish and develop effective partnership relationships with the alliance and strategic suppliers within the supply chain.
The individual will be responsible for managing and reporting supplier performance in a structured and data driven way to achieve OTIF and Quality rating targets in excess of 95%. Business interests are to be protected by effectively flowing down contract requirements using LTA's with alliance and strategic suppliers.
The Purchasing Manager will be expected to continually monitor supply chain performance and make recommendations to ensure that commodity alignment is optimised.
It is anticipated that the role will require a significant amount of travel, both UK and overseas, with up to 50% of time being spent out of the office. To achieve the goals of the Purchasing Manager they will need to work effectively with internal and external colleagues to resolve difficulties and anticipate and avoid conflicts.
On offer for the Purchasing Manager is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager will include:
- Achieve a 10% cost saving within supply base based on annual spend year on year
- Negotiate and draft contractual price and service level agreements (back to back with customer agreements) and ensure these are supported by Contracts.
- Co-ordinate and actively participate in QBR/SBRs with relevant suppliers/stakeholders
- Introduce supplier scorecards into the supply base including OTIF and quality stats and work with supplier to improve/maintain.
- Lead supplier rating activity and work with your suppliers to improve/maintain performance.
- Working closely with QA to put plans in place to develop under-performing suppliers
- Work closely with projects team and manage their expectations in regards to satisfying customer quotations.
- Develop partnership relationships with our alliance and strategic suppliers and ensuring OTIF > 95%.
- Ensure that the parts allocated to alliance and strategic suppliers align with their core capabilities.
- Ensure that extra ordinary costs are not incurred as a result of supply chain activity e.g. FAIR's, delivery charges, artwork, tooling.
- Continually review the supply chain structure to ensure best fit and identify opportunities for strategic consolidation of the supply bases, supporting supplier transfer Projects where required.
- Creating strategies with Supply base in relation to continuous improvement and lean purchasing
- Ensure supply chain actions resulting from engineering changes are implemented with minimum impact on delivery and inventory
- Align all contracts with alliance and strategic suppliers to minimise shipping and transportation charges.
- Provide objective data and analysis to support make vs buy analysis
- Action MRP messages and shortage reports with the aim to 'fix' reoccurring issues
- Place/Expedite/Confirm orders as required
- Provide sourcing support to Project bids
- S3 collaboration - to align strategy to corresponding S3 commodity & timely response to Data requests