|Location: Havant||Salary: £40 - £55 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Aaron Stone|
QA Engineer / Quality Assurance Engineer
QA Engineer / Quality Assurance Engineer required to join a globally established defence / engineering company in the Havant area. This company has recently won some large projects within the Maritime industry so the Quality Assurance Engineer will need to come from a defence related environment.
The successful QA Engineer / Quality Assurance Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Contract rate up to £55/hour depending on experience
- 9 day working fortnight (Every other Friday off)
- Strong likelihood of an extended contract
- The chance to work on large maritime projects alongside the Royal Navy
Key responsibilities for the QA Engineer / Quality Assurance Engineer include:
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering programmes and supporting functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements
Key skills required for the QA Engineer / Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Have demonstrable experience of providing Quality Assurance preferably in a defence related environment.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and TickIT Plus.
- Familiarity with Defence Standards and AQAP's
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent or have a recognised engineering qualification (e.g. apprenticeship, or time-served in armed forces engineering / technical discipline).
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment.
- A well-developed Customer Focus and commitment to Customer Satisfaction is essential.
- Ability to achieve security clearance to Secret is essential.
- Understanding of engineering, inspection and test
This candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a QA Engineer / Quality Assurance Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.