QS / Project Manager Opportunity!
QS/ Project Manager needed for a leading Highways Organisation, who are looking to employ an experienced QS / Project Manager with experience in running projects and leading teams in a high-risk environment.
Some of the main duties of the QS / Project Manager will include:
- Provide the link between the Commercial teams and Operational teams by attending pre-project meetings, understanding the needs of the client prior to start of work
- Liaise with commercial teams to fully understand the full aspect of the project and ensure that all commercial targets are met.
- Oversee full planning of project works from site surveys, design, price/forecast the costs of materials required and brief operational teams and suppliers.
- Leading the safe operations with installations on client's sites.
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken to a safe system of work.
- Ensuring that all installations are planned and resources effectively.
- Conducting site visits prior to, during and following completion of works (where required).
- Maintaining the schedule & delivery of all equipment, tools and supplies.
- Managing the work flow process, raising job cards and ensuring these and associated documentation is completed correctly.
- Ensuring equipment, tools and materials are loaded onto vehicles.
- Retrieving all equipment, tools and materials and returning.
- Preparing parts and equipment for next jobs.
- Maintenance, testing and calibration for tools, equipment, plant and vehicles.
- Reporting any defects in vehicles and plant and to monitor safety performance.
- Monitoring and organising consumables, including stock control, management, organising periodic stock takes and inputting of new products and stock onto reports.
- To manage your team through effective leadership, offering development support.
- Ensure individuals are aware of objectives and their contribution to the team
- To proactively work jointly with all departments and colleagues across the range of functions.
- To ensure we deliver the highest level of customer service on a consistent basis.
What you need to be the successful QS / Project Manager
In order to be the successful QS / Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Contracting / Operational management experience leading teams in a high risk environment (construction / engineering etc.).
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation (IOSH / NEBOSH/ SMSTS etc.)
- Team Commitment
- Demonstrate eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards
- Effectively manage own time to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills and a professional attitude and approach to work.
Apply NOW - Interviews booking Thursday 21st September! call Lauren 01342 330514
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.