|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
Non-Conformance management, MRB activity, As-Built lists, Data Pack generation and SAP operations relating to extensive MMs, Inspection Plans & PRs. You will be required to work the standard nine day fortnight (37.5 hours per week) but there may be a need during periods of high tempo and to meet key milestones to work overtime, this can be evening, off Friday and occasionally over the weekend.
- Experienced Quality Engineer having prior successes working with Build-to-Print Manufacturers and Internal Design Teams
- Experience in Supplier Quality Assurance, especially working with large system design and manufacture sub contracts, FAT Testing & Non-Conformance management.
- Experience or knowledge of QA tools such as APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, managing MRBs, producing Data Packs& As-Built lists.
- Management of non-conformances, trend assessment and identification of risks, strong SAP user skills.
- Experience of leading RCCA teams and Material Review Boards to drive solutions to issues and develop robust preventative actions.
- Knowledge of AS9100 and ISO9001.
- Knowledge of Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing / Vehicle integration / Composites / Machining in the Space, Automotive and / or Defence sectors.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to initiate and maintain relationships with challenging international suppliers and manage frequent interactions with senior management and other internal customers.
- Ability to challenge individuals at all levels to ensure compliance to business processes and standards.
- Extensive SAP user skills, Certificate of Design experience, understanding of process improvement, experience in corrective action boards, material review boards, root cause analysis & corrective action plan appreciation.
The team consists of 15-18 Quality Engineers with the whole function of 50 200+
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.