|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £37000 - £43000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join them at their Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The main effort within the role will be to support the Vehicle Franchise through Development & Production phases of the programme and everything that falls within its scope. This will include Non-Conformance management, MRB activity, As-Built lists, Data Pack generation and SAP operations relating to extensive MMs, Inspection Plans & PRs. You will be required to work the standard nine day fortnight (37.5 hours per week) but there may be a need during periods of high tempo and to meet key milestones to work overtime, this can be evening, off Friday and occasionally over the weekend.
- Experience in Quality Assurance Engineer, especially working with large system design and manufacture sub contracts, FAT Testing & Non-Conformance management.
- Experience or knowledge of SQA tools such as APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, managing MRBs, producing Data Packs& As-Built lists.
- Management of non-conformances, trend assessment and identification of risks, strong SAP user skills.
- Experience of leading RCCA teams and Material Review Boards to drive solutions to issues and develop robust preventative actions.
- Knowledge of AS9100 and ISO9001.
- Knowledge of Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing / Vehicle integration / Composites / Machining in the Space, Automotive and / or Defence sectors.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to initiate and maintain relationships with challenging international suppliers and manage frequent interactions with senior management and other internal customers.
- Ability to challenge individuals at all levels to ensure compliance to business processes and standards.
- Extensive SAP user skills, Certificate of Design experience, understanding of process improvement, experience in corrective action boards, material review boards, root cause analysis & corrective action plan appreciation.
- Strong SAP skills would be of benefit.
- Ability to work unsupervised or within a team.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!