|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: + Bens|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Quality Assurance Engineer
Commpetitive Salary + Bens
I have a great opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join a Global Electronics Manufacturer based in Milton Keynes. Ideally they are looking for someone with a strong electronics background in industries such as computing, communications, automotive, industrial or medical markets. The company is looking to break into new industry sectors with their products and have some really exciting projects on the horizon. They are very keen on internal promotions which can been seen in the staff retention, 55% of their staff have been working for the company 10 years + and majority started as junior members of the team. They offer opportunities within the UK and Internationally.
The successful Quality Engineer will want to work for my client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Staff Bonus Scheme
* 23 days holidays (increase to 26 after a period of time)
* Pension Scheme
* Life Insurance (4 x employees salary)
* Income Protection Cover
* Career Progression
* Subsidise food each day
* Employee appreciation day - celebrated in August
Some of the main duties of the Quality Assurance Engineer will include:
Customer Complaints/Returns (CCRs/RMAs)
* Log and acknowledge customer complaints/returns.
* Maintain CCR related records.
* Root cause analysis/investigation into customer complaints/returns.
* Produce failure analysis reports (FAR) using 8D format.
* Carry out product/customer history checks.
* Regularly communicate/report on CCR status/progress.
* Track and expedite CCR investigations.
* Analyse and report (e.g. Pareto, trends, etc.) on CCR data.
Non-Conformance Reports (NCR)
* Log NCRs and maintain related records.
* Carry out/instigate root cause analysis/investigation into nonconformities.
* Ensure appropriate correction, containment, corrective, preventive actions taken.
* Verify effectiveness of implemented corrective actions.
* Ensure that 8D reports are maintained for all NCRs.
* Analyse and report (e.g. Pareto, trends, etc.) on NCR data.
* Track and expedite NCR investigations.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
* Quality assurance within an electronics design, development and/or manufacturing environment.
* Maintenance and development of quality management systems in accordance with ISO 9001, TS 16949/IATF 16949 or similar.
* Maintenance and development of environmental management systems in accordance with ISO 14001.
* Dealing with customer complaints/returns.
* Working with and developing suppliers/contractors.
* Arranging, conducting and reporting on first (internal) and second party (supplier) audits.
* IPC-A-610 workmanship standard.
* Root cause analysis/investigation into electronic component/PCB assembly.
* Failure/nonconformity investigation and reporting using 8D methodology.
* Process capability studies.
* ESD control.
* Quality tools e.g. SPC, FMEA, FTA, Ishikawa diagrams, Pareto analysis, 6 sigma, 5S, MSA/R&R studies, etc.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to progress their career working in a growing market. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!