|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Nuclear, Production||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Dominic Martin|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Manager (QA) to take their career to the next level with one of the world's leading and fastest growing defence and electronics companies based in Wimborne! A Quality Assurance Manager / QA Manager is required to act as the subject matter expert within the business for quality standards and accreditations, and have overall responsibility for managing the internal audit schedules.
The Quality Assurance Manager (QA) will be responsible for ensuring the maintenance of an effective integrated Business Management System (BMS) through the ongoing development of standards and accreditations in respect of the Quality Management System (QMS), and ensuring the effective integration of all associated management systems and standards within the business.
Benefits on offer:
* An above market rate salary to be discussed on application.
* Early finishes on a Friday and subsidised canteen on-site.
* The opportunity to work with the company leading the way in the Defence & Nuclear sectors.
All applicants for this Quality Assurance Manager / QA Manager position must be eligible for SC clearance, due to working on top-secret, sensitive projects.
The key responsibilities and tasks for Quality Assurance Manager includes:
* Complying with, and promoting compliance with all applicable Regulatory, Customer and Company Quality Standards and practices.
* Ensuring the maintenance of quality standards and accreditations to the latest applicable revisions to meet the needs of the business
* Maintaining current knowledge of applicable quality standards and accreditations, ensuring the business is aware of and prepared for any required updates to those standards and accreditations.
* Providing accurate and timely advice on compliance with and maintenance of the Company quality standards and accreditations, and customer-specific quality requirements and standards with respect to how they integrate with the Company QMS. This will include advice and ultimate approval for whether requirements should sit within the QMS or a Project-Specific Quality Plan
* Management of an effective internal audit program
Essential Qualifications and Skills required for Quality Assurance Manager Position:
* Educated to a minimum of HNC level or equivalent, preferably in a Quality-related discipline. Degree level preferred.
* Experience in Defence, Aerospace, Nuclear or transport industries would be advantageous
* Previous experience in a Quality Assurance related position will be essential
* Demonstrable experience and extensive familiarity with BS EN ISO 9001, AS9100 or other manufacturing industry related Quality standards
* Experience of other Management Systems such as ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 advantageous
* Sound knowledge of Quality management principles and techniques within a manufacturing environment, including a working knowledge of non-conformance management principles.
* Lead Auditor or demonstrable experience of internal and third party audits
* Demonstrable experience of effective leadership and management of small teams
* Competent user of Microsoft Office Excel and Word; experience of PowerPoint and Visio advantageous
* Understanding of / experience of using ERP systems preferred
Please remember, you must be eligible for SC security clearance when applying for this opportunity.
How to apply:
To discuss your application and enquire about interviewing for this position please apply for the role online and Dominic Martin at Gold Group Ltd will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the next steps of your application.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.