|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
I have a very exciting opportunity for a Quality Consultant to join a prestigious Engineering consultancy based in London. They are looking for someone with experience in the railway industry and preferable experience working with ISO17020, 17021 and 17065 standards. Knowledge of management systems and good skills in communication, organisation, report writing and IT.
The successful Quality Consultant will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: Competitive
* 30 days inclusive of 8 Bank Holidays
* Accident insurance
* Pension Plan (Up to 7%)
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Life assurance - 4 x annual salary
* Cycle scheme
* Season Ticket Loan
* Plus many more
Some of the main duties of the Quality Consultant will include:
* Ensuring effective application of the company Quality system.
* Development of the company quality system in support of the current and new accreditations.
* Co-ordination of all accreditation processes.
* Provision of audit resource support for all activities.
* Checking deliverables when appropriate.
* Collecting and analysing data from audit findings and liaising with staff and third parties.
* You will be required to attend client's office/site as appropriate.
* You have to be willing to travel and work abroad on short term assignments.
* In addition, you will be responsible for the Railways Divisional Business Management System (BMS) compliance with company Systems and to coordinate with Railways account and unit representatives.
* Part of your responsibility is to coordinate BMS across Railways and to promote continuous improvement in the management of projects.
* You will also attend meetings as necessary and provide assistance with management reports on BMS, dealing with issues and control in the local office instructions (LOIs).
* Part of this role is to liaise with staff on all BMS matters, providing training and support where necessary, guide staff on mandatory training and lead and coordinate internal auditing and external auditing by DNV.
* You will work in line with appropriate ISO standards and be keen to continue learning and developing BMS expertise.
* In addition, you will be responsible for raising to awareness of changes in the BMS system and STEP across the Division. This will include training and one-to-one support to project managers and directors as appropriate.
In order to be the successful Quality Consultant and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Previous experience of working with ISO17020, 17021 and 17065 standards that company accreditation is based upon
* Knowledge of management systems and good skills in communication, organisation, report writing and IT.
* An auditing qualification, Lead auditor (preferred).
* Understanding of standards, assurance processes and the role of standards.
* Commercially aware.
* Membership of CQI or working towards would be an advantage
* Previous experience in the Rail industry would be an advantage.
* Experience of BS EN 50126 'RAMS' processes would be an advantage.
* Demonstrable and proven Lead auditor experience
* Experience of procedure development applications.
* Work experience from within a quality management environment.
* Some exposure to railway project work or other industrial major project(s).
* Attention to detail.
* Experience of corporate document management system.
* Be able to apply procedures to organise works processes.
* You need to be highly literate and numerate coupled with good communication skills both verbally and in written communications.
* You should be able to demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with team members at all levels and external clients.
* You should be able to convey requirements to staff at all levels in a confident manner, and be prepared to work to tight deadlines at short notice.
* Knowledge of; ISO 9001, ISO14001 and ISO 18001 with good organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
* This role requires a person to work on their own initiative, without supervision and to prioritise workload to support the continuing growth of the team.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Consultant to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.