|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Quality Control Inspector
My client, a globally recognised aerospace company based in Bournemouth, are looking for a Quality Control Inspector to monitor and validate the Quality of Parts and/or Assemblies and to provide specialist inspection capability across business functions.
Salary for this role will be discussed upon application.
- Health care
- Dental care
- Subsidised gym membership
- Subsidised canteen
- Very competitive pension contribution
- & many more
As a Quality Control Inspector your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience of working in an Inspection environment
- Recognised CMM operator training - Preferred
- Internal Auditor desirable
- ONC/HNC level or equivalent desirable
- Familiar with general inspection techniques and their appropriate selection
- Familiar with AS9102 FAIR requirements
- Ability to read and interrogate engineering drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Able to manage the balance between Independence and willingness to re-assess when new data/information available.
- Familiar with general non-conformance processes
- Ability to interact with Suppliers and Internal Customers
- Ability to programme, operate and interrogate CMM reports
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office packages
As a Quality Control Inspector your main responsibilities will involve:
- Perform Goods Inwards product quality & supporting paperwork checks (CofC, Purchase Order et cetera) in accordance with business processes (CCP & PFC's). Evaluate conformance to Engineering requirements.
- Inspect partially and fully completed Assemblies to Engineering requirements.
- Conduct Patrol Inspection of random stages to ensure compliance to drawing and process.
- Raise NCRs for non-conforming product detected at the goods-in stage and support production detected non conformities when required
- Provide ad-hoc business support against specific demand for Inspection/measurement of product where required
- Liaise with Suppliers and Manufacturing staff to help resolve queries when required
- Review completed supplier generated FAI's and Grade 1 part control plans and amend MRP and VisualFAIR systems accordingly
- Compile FAIRs for internal assembly work to provide evidence of conformity of process and product.
- Support Supplier Quality Engineers and Quality Engineering where appropriate
- Perform sample product audits of Ship to Stock parts
- Support the internal Calibration programme for measurement equipment
To apply for this exciting Quality Control Inspector position, please press 'apply now'.