|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £30 - £34 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Quality Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Medical Devices company who specialise within Orthopaedic Limbs, Joint Reconstruction and Spinal Care.
Purpose of the Quality Engineer:
The Quality Engineer is responsible to drive the design and project of customised implants from either Management CT scan data or X ray data and additionally project manage each case to ensuring alignment to both business and customer requirements, this is a highly creative role; unique nature of patient-specific implant design, to deliver an end to end design solution for the customer using the latest technologies and delivering to very tight time lines.
Some of the main duties the Quality Engineer will include:
- Interprets x-rays and Request Forms to determine patient and surgeon requirements
- Designs custom-made implants:
- Creates 3D CAD models using Unigraphics
- Creates 2D drawings and X-ray templates
- Liaises with NPI workshop employees to ensure designs can be manufactured
- Supports NPI workshop employees throughout manufacture
- Liaises with surgeons and Account Managers throughout each project
- Creates Custom Design Rationale document for each project
- Compiles documentation and for Case History File
- Keeps in-house records up to date
What you need to be the successful Quality Engineer:
- Qualified to minimum of HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, and Product Design, or with equivalent experience
- Applied knowledge of high end 3D CAD systems
- Hand calculation (Stress/Strain) and elementary FEA experience
- Working knowledge of design standards and practices (ISO and ASME)
- Practical knowledge of General Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T)
- Experience of working in a highly regulated, quality systems oriented industry
- Practical knowledge of GMP disciplines
- Accomplished IT skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, databases - typical office applications
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to progress their career within the engineering industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.