|Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire||Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charles Beecroft|
Quality Engineer urgently needed. Ideally, you will already be a Quality Engineer with a quality background in product innovation, developing and commercialising diverse technologies across a wide range of market sectors, from consumer, medical and wireless applications to security and defence.
Quality Engineer responsibilities
- Working closely with the Quality Manager, and designated staff, to update the quality processes for transition to ISO9001:2015 plus support a general improvement in the documented QMS.
- Working closely with the Quality Manager and the internal audit team, to progress through actions arising from the internal audit process
- Support the internal audit team
- Support of supplier development including supplier visit and audits
Quality Engineer Requirements
- Experience of working in an ISO9001 and/or an ISO 13485 environment
- Quality engineering background; ideally in both electronics and mechanical sectors
- Familiarity with general engineering processes in electronics/RF development and assembly/test
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation e.g. procedures, audit reports, change control documents.
- Carry out internal quality audits and assist with external audits as required
- The ability to apply root cause and problem-solving methodologies (5 why's, 8D) to identify quality related problems and implement actions
- The support of the improvement cycle in the quality management system
- Experience in supplier development
- A background in defence, aerospace and/or medical product development
- Previous experience with JIRA
- Use of FMEA Training can be provided where appropriate.
For this Quality Engineer role, you will need to hold a British Passport be able to achieve/hold Security Clearance
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.