|Location: Wareham, Dorset||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 29 days ago|
My Client is looking for a Quality Engineer to join them at their Bovington site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The main effort within this role is to support off site trial activities in and around the Bovington area as part of the WCSP validation programme. Key skills will include the ability to work as part of a multi skill team to investigate failures and drive root cause and corrective action within the company and the supply base. Knowledge of DRACAS and incident sentencing boards would be beneficial. The role will require extended periods of work working unsupervised, must be a starter finisher and also managing competing priorities and within a high tempo environment.
- Extensive RCA, CA, CP and MRB experience.
- Competent SAP user.
- Trials skills and experience.
- DRACUS skills and awareness
- Experienced field QE having prior successes working with multi skilled teams in the trial environment.
- Knowledge of large design design and manufacture activities, sub contract activity, FAT testing & non-conformance management.
- Extensive use of QA tools such as but not limited to: APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, control plans, data pack production & As-Built Lists.
- Management of non-conformance and assessment and identification of risks.
- Knowledge of AS9100 & ISO9001.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical manufacture, vehicle integration, composites and process & auditing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong SAP skills would be of benefit.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.