|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + + Bens|
|Sector: Production||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Role: Quality Engineer
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: Up to £35,000
My client is a leading innovator in RF Power Technology. Their technology saves lives and keeps people safe every day within the medical, marine and defence industries. They are looking for a Quality Engineer with a strong understanding of production and manufacturing control elements. This position requires someone to make initial triage decisions handing responsibility for completion to the respective function within RF Power plus the management of activities including reporting. This is to ensure that quality standards for component / sub assembly/ product and process are adhered to through the front to back manufacturing process, whilst ensuring the key requirements for Quality are understood through the business.
Some of the main duties of the Quality Engineer will include:
* The Production Quality Engineer (PQE) leads the investigations for the area and is responsible for the management of function for RF Power.
* The PQE acts as first line support for manufacturing issues that cannot be resolved at the Cell level by Manufacturing Technicians (Man Techs) or Cell Controllers.
* Validate processes using statistical techniques including Measurement Systems Analysis and Production Capability.
* Assign ownership, develop action owner review and escalation process ensuring full root cause analysis and corrective actions (CA's) are completed, including monitoring of completed actions to ensure that the CA's implemented are sustained, and updates presented through attendance at Cell Production Boards including Quality metrics.
* Upskilling of Man Techs to empower them to resolve issues at a local level within the manufacturing area.
* Provide mentoring and coaching to peers across the business in the effective use and implementation of tools to maximise the short and medium term development of effective Control Plans and drive the culture change across peers to embed methods in the Continuous Improvement Cycle.
* Develop and implement KPI's including resources, systems and service level response expectations.
* Provide input to financial reports and budgets to support, contribute to and integrate within the overall Quality functions' annual business plan and long term strategy plus ensure the continued process effectivity.
* Support the delivery of an effective communications strategy for improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments.
* Ensure production output, through front to back process, conforms to specification until verification methods are productionised.
In order to be the successful Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Bachelor's degree in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent level of experience.
* A strong leader with good communication skills who can sell and assert to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business.
* Demonstrable experience in an engineering function in support of manufacturing.
* A working knowledge of electrical and mechanical assembly, manufacturing and test.
* Hands on with product, process, people and customer.
* An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer.
* Must be able to demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and creativity.
* Knowledge of mechanical manufacturing philosophies, i.e. design for manufacture I assembly / test techniques.
* Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
* Strong analytical skills.
* Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance
* ERP / SAP Systems experience
* Experience with inspection methods and equipment e.g. CMM, automated visual inspection, hand measurement tools.
* Experience in implementing product safety risk assessments and application of required mitigation activities
* Computer Literate (MS Office/Project/Visio)
* CI and Lean Manufacturing experience.
* Project Management Experience.
* Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to progress their career and work for a driven forward thinking company. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!