|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
Quality Engineer needed for a multinational Aerospace company based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced Quality Engineer with an in-depth experience of being responsible for the Quality Management System compliance and ensuring delivery of conforming product to end Customer. You will be largely focussed around probe products linked to a number of fast jet airframes.
Benefits for the Quality Engineer position:
- Large pension
- Health care
- Dental Care
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised gym and canteen
- & many more
Some of the main duties of the Quality Engineer will include:
- Generation and implementation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements
- Completion of required First Article Inspections (AS9102) and ensure smooth transition of new products into production
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management
- Manage and host Customer audits and source inspection activities
- Ensure inspection process adherence and associated physical and document sign-off of product prior to despatch.
- Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations.
- Quality metrics tracking to meet set targets, and implementation of Quality improvement initiative
What you need to be the successful Quality Engineer:
In order to be the successful Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- QMS implementation and lead auditing to recognised aerospace standards
- Proven Quality experience operating in EN9100, EN9110, TickIT Plus, EASA Part-21(G) & EASA Part-145 environments.
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
- Quality Planning - ability to effectively flow down Customer specific requirements and ensuring capture of all quality requirements relating to the achievement of product compliance
- Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D, and DFMEA / PFMEA.
- Sound electro-mechanical engineering background and associated inspection knowledge.
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
- Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!