|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Quality Engineer needed for one of the world's leading aerospace companies based in Wimborne.
The Quality Engineer will ideally have experience of working in the aerospace industry, having a strong an in-depth understanding of AS9100.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for Quality Management System compliance and ensuring delivery of conforming product to end Customer. Completing QMS implementation and lead auditing to recognised aerospace standards
Salary for this position will be discussed upon application. All applicants must be eligible for SC level Security Security Clearance.
Benefits for Quality Engineer
- Annual bonus
- 25 day's holiday
- Lucrative Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Private Health Care
- Dental Care
- And many more!
Key Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer position
- Generation and implementation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements
- Completion of required First Article Inspections (AS9102) and ensure smooth transition of new products into production
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management
- Manage and host Customer audits and source inspection activities
- Ensure inspection process adherence and associated physical and document sign-off of product prior to despatch.
- Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations.
- Quality metrics tracking to meet set targets, and implementation of Quality improvement initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Experience for Quality Engineer:
- QMS implementation and lead auditing to recognised aerospace standards
- Proven Quality experience operating in EN9100, EN9110, TickIT Plus, EASA Part-21(G) & EASA Part-145 environments.
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
- Quality Planning - ability to effectively flow down Customer specific requirements and ensuring capture of all quality requirements relating to the achievement of product compliance
- Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D, and DFMEA / PFMEA.
- Sound electro-mechanical engineering background and associated inspection knowledge.
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
- Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally.
All applicants must be eligible for SC Clearance.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity as an Quality Engineer, please press 'apply now'.