|Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 26 days ago|
£35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
I have on offer a great opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join a global leader within the Aerospace sector.
This role will be working within the composites division on both commercial and military aircraft.
My client is looking for a strong Quality Professional who has good problem solving skills (8D, Root cause) and a good understanding of Lean Six Sigma. You will be working on the manufacturing and production line making sure all problems raised are isolated, solutions created and completed. This company can offer you a career to progress and learn.
Some of the main duties of the Quality Engineer will include:
* Conducting internal audits to ensure compliance with Customer, Corporate, and 3rd party requirements (AS9100 Rev D, DAOS - DME5000, and EASA/FAA Part 145).
* Interface with both existing and new customers to establish robust compliance with quality requirements, Quality Plans, preparation of FAIR's etc.
* Support the delegation and oversight of QC authorisations held by the Operations
* Coordination of audit schedules / NCR's and external visits
* Quality/product investigations and improvements
* Conducting 8D investigations, Implementation of CI (Continuous Improvement), Lean Six Sigma
In order to be the successful Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* A pro-active and tenacious approach supporting engagement with colleagues at all levels in support of achieving our quality objectives
* Understanding of Quality Standards (AS/EN9100, 9102, DAOS, EASA, FAA Part 145) (Note only AS9100 essential as prior experience)
* Professional approach with ability to communicate and influence Suppliers, Customers and Regulatory bodies
* Provision of accurate and timely management data/reports to support the continued effectiveness of the QMS
* Self-aware with the ability to act with professionalism, consistency and fairness throughout the organization
* Experience with 8D, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing
* Composites experience advantageous
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!