|Location: Tring, Hertfordshire||Salary: £20000 - £25000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 26 days ago|
£20,000 to £25,000 + Bens
I have a really exciting opportunity for a Dynamic & Driven Engineering Professional who is looking to take the next step in there career. This role would be ideal for someone with manufacturing/Quality knowledge who wants to take advantage of on the job training and endless learning opportunities.
You will be working alongside the Quality Manager and NPI Process Engineer to continually improve the business, your responsibilities will be to drive forward levels of product inspection and conformance to customer and drawing requirements. You will report to the Quality Manager and help lead the efforts of the organisation to ensure compliance to the company's quality policy, QMS, certification and assist in the leadership development and implement the quality policy and procedures and systems.
The key responsibilities of the Quality Engineer are as follows:
- Responsible for route cause analysis and implementing corrective actions;
- Work closely with customer to ensure that all concerns are investigation are completed in a prompt manner;
- Identifying areas for improvement;
- Participate to continuous improvement across the site;
- Participate in internal auditing - product audits, system audits;
- Training staff on manufacturing processes;
- Maintain document control within the company;
- Calibration and maintenance of equipment;
- Knowledge and/or applications of automotive quality tools such as PFMEA, Control Plans, MSA, PPAP/PSW, IMDS.
Desired skills and experience for the Quality Engineer
To fulfill these requirements, you will ideally have the following skills/experience:
- Graduate qualified and/or equivalent experience in an engineering-based role;
- Strong quality background within manufacturing;
- Full conversant with ISO9001 and TS16949 will be a plus;
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications;
- Internal auditing experience;
- Strong problem-solving skills - 8D, 5Y, root cause analysis
- The ability to develop excellent working relationships;
- Self-motivated and self-reliant.
The right candidate for this role will ideally have a keen eye for detail while taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of tasks. A hard working, energetic, and enthusiastic personality, with good communication skills, work in a methodical and disciplined manner and be able to demonstrate the meticulous attention to detail required to maintain the highest possible standards.