|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £38000 - £43000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 14 days ago|
My Client is looking for a Quality Engineer to join them Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm Fri day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
Reporting to the Process and Compliance Manager, this role is responsible for Process, Tools, Procedure and Training as it relates to the Quality domain.
- Drive a Start Right - Keep It Right - Finish It Right approach to Business initiatives.
- Facilitate & conduct internal &/or supplier audits.
- Lead Functional improvement activities.
- Investigate & provide recent / regular examples of Cost of Poor Quality.
- Maintenance and improvement of Quality tools.
- Conduct independent Root Cause Analysis and investigations across site as tasked by P&C Mgr.
- Evaluation process of internal / indirect purchase requisitions on SAP.
- Maintain supplier certification.
- Maintain centralised records of competency and training for Belts.
- Coordinate the provision of resources (Belts) to support Structured Improvement Activities (SIA).
- Provide guidance on conducting SIAs.
- Leading the introduction of Op Ex practices, tools and techniques not currently utilised.
- Drive & maintain Lesson Learned database.
- Maintain Function & Best Practice artefacts across site.
- Be prepared to deploy and support short-duration programme QE & SQE activities.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Highly ordered approach to work.
- A completer-finisher approach to all tasks.
- Confidence in customer-facing & internal stakeholder management.
- Knowledge & awareness of lead / internal auditing practices.
- Familiarity with handling data to conduct root cause & trend analysis.
- The ability to communicate at all levels of management.
- Above average understanding of Lean / 6s techniques.
- The ability to energise teammates.
- The ability to plan and co-ordinate dispersed resources.
- Certified Green Belt.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Process definition & mapping experience.
- Understanding of ISO 9001/ AS9100 (or similar) Quality Management System standards.
- Familiarity with regulated industry.
- Strong BI and Excel user skills
- Point of contact for Apriso, to including training and problem solving
- Excellent SAP user skills, to include the following:
- Quality non-conformance
- Creation of MMs, POs
- Delivery of SAP training
- Develop an understanding of MICs
- Equipment and parts grading
- Creation of Gold Cards and Training Scripts
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!