|Location: Weymouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Defence / Electronics
Quality Engineer required for a globally recognised defence / electronics manufacturing company who are based in Weymouth.
My client are ideally looking for a Quality Engineer who has experience working within quality assurance for an organisation certified to ISO 9001 or a similar standard, as well as knowledge of Quality Assurance system development and implementation such as ANSI/ISO/ASQ 9001, SQF, ISO 14001, QS 9100.
Salary for this position will be discussed further upon application. All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance.
- Flexible working
- Health and dental care
- Matched pension
- & many more!
Experience & Qualifications Needed for Quality Engineer:
- Experience working within quality assurance for an organisation certified to ISO 9001 or a similar standard.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance system development and implementation such as ANSI/ISO/ASQ 9001, SQF, ISO 14001, QS 9100
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and make logical decisions
- Has previous demonstrable experience in providing continuous improvement opportunities
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
Key Responsibilities for Quality Engineer position:
- Supplier management - including supplier approval visits, audits of process, products and capability to business and customer requirements
- Support the FAI Technicians to ensure completion of First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR'S) in line with customer deliver forecasts and to conduct FAIR's when required
- Work with Production, Engineering and Repairs departments to identify, investigate and produce 8D reports, ensuring that effective Root Cause and Corrective Actions (RCCA) are put in place and ensure implementation of corrective actions.
- To carry out auditing, both internally and externally to meet the yearly audit schedule forecast
- Undertake Management Systems Audits (i.e. ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001, NADCAP, as appropriate)
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality
- Monitoring, development and maintenance of nominated supplier continuous improvement activities
- Produce and maintain Quality Plans and associated procedures
- Management reporting - e.g. Balanced Scorecard, problem investigation
- Conduct inspection and verification activities supporting Quality processes as required
- Produce quality and control plans as required by customers and to agree and confirm customer quality conditions for each new order and inform appropriate departments of any special requirements.
To apply for this exciting permanent Quality Engineer opportunity please press apply now!