|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £45000 - £51000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
West Sussex, Commutable from - Horsham, Crawley, Brighton, Haywards Heath
Salary: £45,000 - £51,000 (depending on experience)
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Passionate and driven Quality Engineer to join one of the world's leading medical Technology companies based in West Sussex. They have a modern purpose built facilities with all the mod cons making it a very exciting environment to work in.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting process owners in defining and implementing processes and system changes analysing process improvements to drive efficiencies. The Job holder will support the local quality management system and processes. You will be an advocate of Quality and promote the group's vision and mission while supporting the goals of the overall business while working closely with functional teams in areas such as Engineering, Order fulfilment, Regulatory Affairs, Sales & Marketing, and Manufacturing among others.
Some of the main duties of the Quality Engineer will include:
- Work on projects / compliance activities to completion.
- Prepare monthly metrics for their area of expertise / responsibility.
- Analyse process data and trends and drives optimization / improvement.
- Represent QA organization in specific processes (e.g. CAPA, Order fulfilment, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Support others in the QA organization and other functional organizations on technical aspects in order to drive results.
- Participate in external audits before regulatory authorities.
- Participate in the execution of the internal audit plan.
- Promote and maintain adherence to Elekta values.
In order to be the successful Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent or a related field or a formal engineering apprenticeship with demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Training and experience in relevant medical device regulatory requirements and standards (e.g. ISO, IEC, MDD, QSR, CMDR.)
- Possess a structured approach to problem solving with an appreciation of quality tools & techniques.
- Proven experience in relevant areas of Quality, Regulatory or Engineering, preferably within a medical device environment.
- Objective driven and customer focused, capable of producing results working unsupervised under own initiative.
- Professional integrity. Able to translate regulations into meaningful business requirements.
- Must be an effective team player with the ability to mentor, lead and problem solve to provide solutions to the business.
- Confident and open personality who is able to communicate effectively, both written and orally with people at all levels.
- Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines.
- Proven fluency in English and other applicable languages relevant to their specific geographies.
- Quality professional certifications preferred (e.g. CQI, CQMoE, CQA, CQE.)
- Experience in quality improvement tools and techniques is a plus (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, DOE, Statistical Methods, etc.)
Travel may be required.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to progress their career & join a company they can thrive in. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!