|Location: Middlesex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 23 days ago|
A Quality Engineer needed for a leading Aerospace and Defence company based in Middlesex who are looking to employ an experienced Quality Engineer with quality/business improvement experience, proven experience working within a quality management system, and the Aerospace/Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Quality Engineer will include:
- To establish and maintain common Quality systems between the company and its' partners.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate Quality records are maintained by the Project teams and process owners.
- Identify and co-ordinate investigations arising from Quality issues through to their documented conclusion, with supporting root cause analysis and solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Develop and support a Business Improvement culture and associated activities e.g. Process Mapping, Lean, etc.
- Verify compliance to company processes and documented procedures to ensure a robust Quality Management System is in place throughout the business.
- To plan, manage and carryout a schedule for Design, Product, Supplier and process audits.
- To ensure effective systems are in place and monitored and that activities are completed for corrective and preventative actions throughout the business.
- Assist with the maintenance of company approvals e.g. EASA, FAR, ISO, etc. to maintain airworthiness.
- Be prepared to travel to support current and future products on customer's sites around the world.
- Identify and generate process control systems and measures
- To ensure the departmental objectives are achieved in line with the job holder's individual objectives.
- Perform duties in accordance with company policies, procedures and processes.
What you need to be the successful Quality Engineer:
In order to be the successful Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrable Quality/Business Improvement experience
- Proven experience working within a quality management system
- Trained Auditor
- Good communication skills demonstrated both verbally and in writing in the form of presentations and recommendations for improvement
- Experience in building good working relationships and gaining trust and respect with internal and external customers
- Self-driven and able to monitor own performance effectively to ensure deadlines are met
- Experience of liaising with internal and external customers
- Works effectively with others
- Proactively able to manage own work to in order to achieve objectives
- Use own initiative within the scope of the role
- Plans work and delivers on time
- Seeks solutions to problems encountered
- Makes timely decisions within the scope of the role
- Demonstrates a "Can do" positive attitude
- Good application of Microsoft packages and relevant software for the role
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Quality Engineer, you must be eligible for Security Clearance.