|Location: Greenford, London||Salary: Up to £1 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Quality Engineer required to join a globally established Aerospace / Defence company in the area of Greenford. The Quality Engineer will perform an assurance role in accordance with the quality requirements. Identifying, maintaining and recommending quality and business improvement processes within the business required to maintain company quality approvals. The Quality Engineer will also work with all levels of internal and external customers including approval authorities.
On offer for the Quality Engineer is a competitive salary + benefits package which will be discussed over an application.
Key responsibilities of the Quality Engineer include:
- To establish and maintain common Quality systems.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate Quality records are maintained by the Project teams and process owners.
- Identify and co-ordinate investigations arising from Quality issues through to their documented conclusion, with supporting root cause analysis and solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Develop and support a Business Improvement culture and associated activities e.g. Process Mapping, Lean, etc.
- Verify compliance to company processes and documented procedures to ensure a robust Quality Management System is in place throughout the business.
- To plan, manage and carryout a schedule for Design, Product, Supplier and process audits.
- To ensure effective systems are in place and monitored and that activities are completed for corrective and preventative actions throughout the business.
- Assist with the maintenance of company approvals e.g. EASA, FAR, ISO, etc. to maintain airworthiness.
- Be prepared to travel to support current and future products on customer's sites around the world.
- Identify and generate process control systems and measures
- To ensure the departmental objectives are achieved in line with the job holder's individual objectives.
- Perform duties in accordance with company policies, procedures and processes.
- There may be additional activities to perform from time to time in order to maximise the contribution to the companies goals and objectives.
Skillset required for the Quality Engineer:
- Proven experience working within a quality management system
- Trained Auditor
- Good communication skills demonstrated both verbally and in writing in the form of presentations and recommendations for improvement
- Experience in building good working relationships and gaining trust and respect with internal and external customers
- Self-driven and able to monitor own performance effectively to ensure deadlines are met
- Experience of liaising with internal and external customers
- Works effectively with others
- Proactively able to manage own work to in order to achieve objectives
- Use own initiative within the scope of the role
- Plans work and delivers on time
- Seeks solutions to problems encountered
- Makes timely decisions within the scope of the role
- Demonstrates a "Can do" positive attitude
- Ideally worked in an Aerospace environment
- Experience in Process Measurement techniques (e.g. SPC, KPI's, etc)
- Usage of Quality Management System and Process Mapping Tools (e.g. Q Pulse)
- Degree level education - preferable
- Must be educated to A Level at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- UK SC and ITAR clearance required
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.