|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
3 month contract
My client, a globally recognised defence / nuclear engineering company, based in Wimborne, are looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team on an initial 3 month contract.
In this Quality Engineer role you will be responsible for various aspects relating to the management of quality and processes.
You will provide supplier auditing, product monitoring and surveillance, release and verification, review and update of nominated suppliers processes, including the identification and implementation of corrective and preventive actions, customer liaison and supplier assurance for the business.
Rate for this position will be discussed further upon application.
Skills and Qualifications Quality Engineer Required:
- Experience working within quality assurance for an organisation certified to ISO 9001 or a similar standard.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance system development and implementation such as ANSI/ISO/ASQ 9001, SQF, ISO 14001, QS 9100
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and make logical decisions
- Has previous demonstrable experience in providing continuous improvement opportunities
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
Key Responsibilities for this Quality Engineer position:
- Supplier management - including supplier approval visits, audits of process, products and capability to business and customer requirements
- Support the FAI Technicians to ensure completion of First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR'S) in line with customer deliver forecasts and to conduct FAIR's when required
- Work with Production, Engineering and Repairs departments to identify, investigate and produce 8D reports, ensuring that effective Root Cause and Corrective Actions (RCCA) are put in place and ensure implementation of corrective actions.
- To carry out auditing, both internally and externally to meet the yearly audit schedule forecast
- Undertake Management Systems Audits (i.e. ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001, NADCAP, as appropriate)
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality
- Monitoring, development and maintenance of nominated supplier continuous improvement activities
- Produce and maintain Quality Plans and associated procedures
- Management reporting - e.g. Balanced Scorecard, problem investigation
- Conduct inspection and verification activities supporting Quality processes as required
- Produce quality and control plans as required by customers and to agree and confirm customer quality conditions for each new order and inform appropriate departments of any special requirements.
To apply for this exciting Quality Engineer position, please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.