|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Quality Engineer needed for a leading aerospace company based in Dorset. They are looking to employ an experienced Quality Engineer who has good working knowledge of Quality Standards such as AS9100, AS9110, Part 21 (G), Part 145, DAOS, who has proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques and someone who has core competency demonstrated within one or more of the following specialties: Software, Mechanical, Electrical, Metrology, Systems, and Composites.
The successful Quality Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
- On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including
- A matched pension contribution of up to 12%, private medical and dental insurance, holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
- Share incentive schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted Sports and Social Club membership
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Quality Engineer will include:
- Quality input into new bids and contract reviews
- Generation and implementation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements.
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management.
- Manage and host Customer audits and source inspection activities.
- Own the management of Quality escapes and Customer investigations.
- Ensure Quality Management System compliance throughout the Product Lifecycle
- Completion of required First Article Inspections (AS9102) and ensure smooth transition of new products into production.
- NCR and FRACA management
- MRB ownership and facilitation
- Generate Quality metrics and associated tracking to meet set targets.
- Determination and implementation of Quality improvement initiatives.
- Inspection process adherence and associated support for physical and document sign-off of product prior to dispatch.
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties; read and comply to the site Safety Health & Environment Policy; and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
What you need to be the successful Quality Engineer:
In order to be the successful Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Engineer - HND/HNC or equivalent experience
- Good working knowledge of Quality Standards such as AS9100, AS9110, Part 21 (G), Part 145, DAOS
- Good working knowledge of AS9145, APQP, PPAP, FAIR, PFMEA, MSA, Control Plan
- Actively implemented structured problem solving and robust Root Cause and Corrective Action techniques eg 8D, RCCA, 5-Why
- Actively implemented proactive and preventive Quality techniques
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
- QMS implementation and auditing to recognised aerospace standards
- Proven ability to understand and effectively flow down Customer Quality requirements and ensuring delivery of conforming products.
- Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding.
- Core competency demonstrated within one or more of the following specialties: Software, Mechanical, Electrical, Metrology, Systems, and Composites.
- Further competencies will be provided via the competency matrix, and linked to the relevant job level
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Quality Engineer role, you will need to be eligible for Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.