|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Quality Engineer (Production)
Location: Essex - Commutable from Basildon, Chelmsford, Harlow, Braintree, Romford etc.
Salary: Up to £40,000 + Great Benefits
My client is a leading innovator in RF Power Technology. Their technology saves lives and keeps people safe every day within the healthcare, life sciences, space, transportation, defence, security, and industrial markets. They are looking for a Quality Engineer with a strong understanding of production and manufacturing control. You will ensure that quality standards for component/sub-assembly/ product and process are adhered to through the front to back manufacturing process, whilst ensuring the key requirements for Quality are understood through the business. You will ideally be a strong problem-solver with demonstrable experience in improving processes and procedures. (If you are a young engineer with a related degree and great attitude then please also apply)
This is a great opportunity for anyone who takes Quality Seriously and wants to progress their career.
Some of the main duties of the Quality Engineer will include:
* The Production Quality Engineer (PQE) leads the investigations for the area and is responsible for the management of function for RF Power.
* The PQE acts as first line support for manufacturing issues that cannot be resolved at the Cell level by Manufacturing Technicians (Man Techs) or Cell Controllers.
* Assign ownership, develop action owner review and escalation process ensuring full root cause analysis and corrective actions (CA's) are completed, including monitoring of completed actions to ensure that the CA's implemented are sustained, and updates presented through attendance at Cell Production Boards including Quality metrics.
* Upskilling of Man Techs to empower them to resolve issues at a local level within the manufacturing area.
* Provide mentoring and coaching to peers across the business in the effective use and implementation of tools to maximise the short and medium term development of effective Control Plans and drive the culture change across peers to embed methods in the Continuous Improvement Cycle.
* Provide input to financial reports and budgets to support, contribute to and integrate within the overall Quality functions' annual business plan and long term strategy plus ensure the continued process effectivity.
* Ensure production output, through front to back process, conforms to specification until verification methods are productionised.
In order to be the successful Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Bachelor's degree in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent level of experience.
* A strong leader with good communication skills who can sell and assert to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business.
* Hands on with product, process, people and customer.
* An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer.
* Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
* Strong analytical skills.
* Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance
* Experience with inspection methods and equipment e.g. CMM, automated visual inspection, hand measurement tools.
* Experience in implementing product safety risk assessments and application of required mitigation activities
* CI and Lean Manufacturing experience.
* Project Management Experience.
* Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to progress their career and work for a driven forward thinking company. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!